Page can not be found

Nov 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I have installed the files to my web site and installed the SQL database and run all of the scripts. I have set the connection string to point to my database. The only changes I have made to the config files is the connection string. When I go to the default page the only option is to create a new forum. I click on create a forum I get the page not found error. Where did I go wrong?

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Hi,

Which webserver are you using?

If you are using IIS 6 (Windows Server) or IIS 5 (Windows XP), you should configure wildcard mapping for extension less urls. 

Check the installation guide or how to configure wildcard mapping on iis 5 or iis 6.

Hope it helps, 

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Edited Jan 16, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Hi Jorge,

I installed Nearforums 4.1 to get to know better the app because i'd like to contribute. My configuration is: VirtualBox Windows Server 2008 Environment on IIS 7, with the app pool running as Integrated with Framework 4.0. However, I'm having the exact same issue as LPJordan. If I try to do the same on firefox I get Garbage Characters instead of a "page not found error".

Thanks for any help.

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Hi!

Thanks for reporting it with such detail.

Change the target .NET Framework of the application pool to 2.0. Nearforums 4.1 is runs on 3.5 framework (2.0 runtime).

If the problem persists, We should copy this discussion to the Issue tracker and give a better look at the problem.

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2011 at 2:04 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.