Unable to create user "admin"

May 6, 2012 at 2:26 AM

It seems user 'admin" is created automatically during installation.  I cannot create it even after deleting it.

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Hong

Coordinator
May 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hi Hong,

You should read the documentation for the first steps into Nearforums for website administrators: the first user to sign-in is the admin user.

Are you able to sign-in using any authentication provider (FB, Twitter, Membership, ...)?

Kind Regards,

Jorge

May 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for the response, and much more importantly, for the terrific app.

I think my original message is not very clear.  I meant user "admin", not role "Admin", Yes, I read the instructions, and I can use either my Twitter account or my custom membership provider to sign in. 

Let me explain this a bit more.  Suppose I signed in using my Twitter account "foo" for the first time, so "foo" has the admin role by default.  When I went to "Manage users", I saw two:

1. admin

2. foo

I do not know where "admin" comes from or its password. After deleting "admin",  I got an error when trying to create a user named "admin".  The error message is something like "the user already exists"   

However, I have just tried to create "admin" again and it worked this time.  Anyways, I am all set.

Our site already has hundreds of registered users, so I am using an existing user database.  I am glad to report it works well.

Thanks again.

Hong

Coordinator
May 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Hi,

Happy to hear that you are all set now!

If you need any help, just let us know!

Kind Regards,

Jorge