no facebook authentication?

Jun 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM

On the login page, I only see options to login using a local SQL account and Twitter, but no Facebook. I have added the Facebook API key and secret to the site.config file.

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Hi,

Could you answer the following questions:

Which version of Nearforums are you using? From a release or you compiled it?

On the web.config, do you have a reference to the Site.config file?

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Jun 21, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Hi Jorge,

I installed it via Web Platform Installer earlier this week. I checked out the property of the DLLs in the BIN folder. They are version 8.0.0.0. Date modified is 2/29/12.

Yes, this line is in the web.config file:

<site configSource="Config\Site.config" />

In the site.config file, I have filled out the APIKey and SecretKey for both Twitter and Facebook. I am able to login to Twitter just fine.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the info!

You don't see the "Login with Facebook" button at the top right of the website? nor on the login page http://yourhost/login/ ?

Are you running it on IIS Express (WebMatrix) or IIS 6 or 7?

Kind regards,

Jorge

Jun 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM

On the top right, I see the following:

1. go to content

2. sign in with twitter

3. sign in

Running on IIS 7.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Hi,

And on the login page?

I just downloaded the package from Web PI and, when I enter the appid and secret, I get the FB button...

Could you do a quick test?

Please edit the file with a text editor (like notepad) located  ...nearforums-root...\Views\Authentication\ProviderSelect.cshtml

Add the following line at the top of the file:

<h1>Values: &quot;@Config.AuthenticationProviders.Facebook.ApiKey&quot; &quot;@Config.AuthenticationProviders.Facebook.SecretKey&quot;</h1>

And then browse to your login page: http://yourhost/login/ 

What to do see?

Regards,

Jorge

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM

So sorry Jorge! I setup the app on two virtual directories, and I was editing the wrong site.config file. Doh! Now I have another question, but I will post it on a new thread.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Don't mind :)