Email Authentication and Change the rights

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Hi,

1) How to Enable the rights for admin to edit the message, Right now we can edit only Topic(Thread).
2) How to Activating email autrhentication for the forum(Registration time send the email to users with Activation url)  Is There is an option to enable that in the config file
Can you please help me on it,

Regards

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Edited Aug 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Hi!

1) As is today, moderators and admins can remove a message to prevent the message to be shown. There is no edit message functionality.

2) This feature is not available but is planned for v9 http://nearforums.codeplex.com/workitem/20067

If you have any doubt or anything, let us know!

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Aug 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Hi,

Ok, Thanks for your response, if any doubts, will let you know.

Regards

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM

HI, I am using nearforums-8.5.0.0 version and there is dll on it, so i want to make custom development for sending, how would do it, there are not controllers overthere. please help me on it.

waiting for your response.

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Hi,

The release package includes only the compiled dlls and content resources (views/images/css/...).

If you want to use the source code, you should download it from the repository: http://nearforums.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Hi,

I have configured the Forum already with NearForums with DLL version, but as i have said there are some custom development, i have downloaded the codes and i just need some controllers for it, but i am getting the errors, can you please let me know how easily i can deploy those  downloaded code files to dll version.

Regards

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Hi,

You can check the development guide.

We give support for the downloadable releases, we don't grant support for source code...

Sorry,

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Aug 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Hi, it's ok, finally i have configured codes for custom development.

Thanks

Sep 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Hi,

In Near Forum i have issue with Timeout on posting the Thread... how can i change(which file have) the settings for session to resolve the issue...

waiting for your response.....

Regards

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Hi,

You should not experiment any timeout while posting a thread...

1 Can you explain better what is happening?

2 Are you loosing session within a couple of minutes?

3 Are you hosting the website using a shred Web Hosting provider or a dev machine?

On ASP.NET, you can configure the session using the sessionState element within the web.config. By default, the timeout value is set by 20 mins

(The most common reason on loosing session on ASP.NET is the aplication pool being recycled, not the session timeout)

Kind regards,

Jorge

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Hi,

When I was trying to post new thread, some time it will be redirect me to the login page...

It is shared web hosting.

Yes, I will try with Session state in web.config file....

I have not any idea about the Asp.Net is the application pool being recycled, any settings for it in any file of the NearForums?

Regards

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Hi,

If its a shared web hosting you should try to configure the application pool (control panel or hosting support).

Kind Regards,

Jorge