Compiling and Deploying the Source Code

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:34 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Hello.  First off, I'd like to say that I love the product. I've been tinkering with it for a week now and with a few tweaks, I think its really going to serve my project well.  I have some improvements I would like to share with the community like incorporating a multiple jquery image upload, facebook "like" plugins, and some added roles to be able to assign moderators by category. I need to get them a little tighter before I put them out there though...

Until then, I want to deploy my version and work with it on my server, and I'm either not smart enough or need some help on how to deploy it.  It runs fine in debug mode, but when I take the Web.Output folder and deploy it of course it gives me

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Deployment, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I'm sure there's a simple answer on how to compile the project and deploy it.  Thanks in advance, I look forward to contributing!

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Hi,

Happy to hear that you are enjoying the project!

From what I can see, the deploy problem is solved if you bin deploy some ASP.NET MVC + Webpages dlls to the server. Here you have some info (also is the way they are deployed on sample websitehttp://joel.net/getting-asp.net-mvc-3-working-on-discountasp.net

Let us know if it helps.

About contributing, we can talk in the future. You can join the Nearforums team or just contribute a patch.

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Thanks Jorge.  Strange, it was System.Web.Deployment.dll.  The file referenced in the project was version 1.0, and it was looking for version 2.0.  Updated the reference, set copylocal = true and viola, it worked. 

thanks again!

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Great!