Edit Login page...

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Can you or someone please let me know where I can edit the Main page that has the Login buttons for Facebook and Twitter? I really need to add a disclaimer that users need to be aware that using Facebook or Twitter will create a duplicate account if they already have a user account set up with the forums. This is important because many members will not want to use their real names on the forums.

Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Coleen

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I have to be honest here - I am not happy with the limited functionality of the sign-in screen and not being able to add a simple message to it. Does anyone have any information on how to add a simple message to the sign-in screen to warn members that using a Facebook or Twitter sign-in as well as creating an account on the forums will give the users more than one account? If this issue can not be resolved, I will have to find a different forum software (such as Yaf.Net or PHPBB) to use instead. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Coleen

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Hi Coleen,

Sorry for the delay...

You can modify the message shown either by modifing the view located in  /Views/Authentication/ProviderSelect.cshtml or by modifying the translation string (depending on your culture) located in /content/localization/.

Kind Regards,

Jorge