Authentication with new asp.net mvc membership providers

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Is it posible to share authentication between a website and nearforum if i'm using the new asp.net membership providers with facebook authentication too?

http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/archive/2012/08/29/simplemembership-membership-providers-universal-providers-and-the-new-asp-net-4-5-web-forms-and-asp-net-mvc-4-templates.aspx

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Hi,

Yes, it is possible just configure it the Membership provider on the web.config of your forum site and it should work: SimpleMembershipProvider is still a ASP.NET MembershipProvider, so it's supported by Nearforums.

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM
hi

did you ever manage to get this to work with simpleMembership? i have just downloaded the code, and after running the db script I can see that there is an asp_Membership table that depends on having a GUID and application id. I would like to know if its possible to use this forum against a code first simple membership provider that is not restricted to the old membership schema

Thanks

Paul
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Hi Paul,
It is not restricted to old membership db objects. The db scripts include the ASP.NET Membership (2.0) sql objects to be able to provide authentication "out of the box" but it is not required to use them.
If you configure the membership provider on the web.config it should work...

Kind Regards,
J