Editing / Deleting Threads

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Is it possible to edit or completely delete threads. On occasions where administrators create posts that later require updating they cannot find an obvious way to do this. Currently they are deleting threads and re-posting - however the original post is not completely removed, but rather replaced with a this post has been removed message.

thanks

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Hi!

Threads (topics) can be edited and removed completely, using the edit / remove links at the bottom toolbar of the thread.

Messages can be removed but in the current version, can not be edited (The feature request is there and it will be included in the next release).

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

We can remove messages currently, but it leaves this...

http://screencast.com/t/ip5EyucZgE

We would prefer it to completely remove the message. Is this possible?

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Hi,

When we defined the initial structure of the thread page, we introduced the idea of the #1, #2, #3, ... #N to identify each message and being able to reply to multiples messages in one message (there are several websites that use the same approach for the comments).

You can "hide" completely the message using styles (I can send you the code to do that) but you will get something weird: #1, #2, #4, #5 (considering that the 3rd was removed).

I see that the edit functionality is reaaallly necessary, to be able to correct a mistake but the "delete", I don't see that clear... It could be that it's just me...

What do you think? Do you have a use case in mind?

Kind Regards,

Jorge