Remove Facebook and Twitter login from all screens

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Hi, I have been using the Twitter and Facebook logins on my forum, these have been working fine until a few days ago when using the logins they have not logged in correctly, very strange behaviour of the whole site.

I have worked out to remove the buttons at the top but want to also remove them from the login page.

Regards

Colin

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Hi Colin,

I don't understand the problem you are facing. If you want us to help, please provide as much info possible :)

Anyway, If you want to remove all twitter and facebook buttons, just remove the <twitter and <facebook elements from the Site.config file.

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Hi Jorge.

When people login using Facbook and tick the box remember me the site acts strangley. If you have just opened the forum and click login with Facebook it would log you in and you would be able to see all categories. What happens is that sometimes its acts as if you have not logged in. repeated clicking of login with facebook still does not login. No errors nothing. Sometimes it can be resolved by pressing F5 and magically you are logged in. Same thing happens if you navigate to a post and you are not logged and click facebook login it will sometimes log you in so you can reply, as soon as you click send the page behaves as if you are not logged in and does not save the post.

I have had no issues using the built in login. As the site on contains a few members at the moment I would like to resolve before more people sign in.

Are there any logging files I can send/attach to try and capture what is going on? Your forum program is fantastic and I love the ease of use.

Regards

Colin ;o)

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Hi!

It looks like the webserver is losing the session in a short period of time (pool recycling).

I'll ask you a few questions, just to try to narrow the possibilities:

1. Are you using a shared webserver?
    1. If yes, Are you sure your application is running in a dedicated application pool?
  2. Can you reproduce the same behaviour on the sample forum: http://sample.nearforums.com/ ?

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Jan 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Hi Jorge

I am using a shared webserver, the application has its own application pool.

I am unable to recreate on the sample forum.

Regards

Colin