Not a developer, just trying to add nearforums to website

May 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Hi,

My website control panel as the option of installing various apps and I'm attempting to install nearforums to use on my website for a forum (hopefully it's a decent one). I just clicked the install button in the Control Panel and it brings up a page to complete. I'm stuck where it asks to input a Facebook Application Id. Is there a FAQ for how to get one of these? I googled this and only found out about how to register as a developer with facebook but I'm assuming there must be one already available as I'm not a developer?

Thanks for any help..
Patrick
May 13, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Btw - is this what the forum what nearforums looks like? Can multiple catagories be setup with their own subcatgories for posting messages to? Thanks..
Coordinator
May 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Hi,
Here you have some info on how to set up a Facebook application, Facebook (OAuth) requires you to create an "application" per each site you want to allow login with.

About how Nearforums looks like, here you have the sample site: http://sample.nearforums.com/. You can have multiple categories and multiple forums below each category. You can not nest categories inside categories.

Kind Regards,
Jorge
May 14, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Hi Jorge,

Does it allow for quotes & replies? I didn't notice that within the sample one. Also, does the sample not have any catagories set up?

Thanks for the reply and help!
May 15, 2013 at 3:27 AM
The Facebook application link needs to be updated as to the instructions. I was able to locate the place on Facebook to do it though..