Heads up for Azure deployments

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM
The following references need "Copy Local" set to true in your references under NearForums.Web.Output
Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure.dll
System.Web.Helpers.dll
System.Web.Mvc.dll
System.Web.Razor.dll
System.Web.WebPages.Deployment.dll
System.Web.WebPages.dll
System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll
The reason, I'm led to believe, is Azure doesn't have these in the GAC on the server.

This will ensure those libraries are included in the bin folder and deployed when you publish to your azure site.

Source
Jul 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Also, when deploying from VS2012 with SQL 2012, you will get an error about SQL 2012 and SQL Azure.

This only occurs if you want a local development SQL database that is separate from your production SQL database (recommended!!)

The way around this issue, so far as I've found, is if you use the SQL -> Schema comparison tool, and in the options menu (little gear icon) check the box that says "Allow incompatible platform". Do a comparison from your local DB to your azure DB, then click "Update" to push the changes.

Do not use the database update included in the publishing wizard when deploying the rest of your application to production.
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Thanks for all the info!!
Sep 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Also it seems the DB files are not using clustered indexes in the database scripts, which causes "non clustered indexes are not supported in this version of SQL" errors. The downloads page indicates this as a feature (Azure support in DB scripts, marked closed in the release notes) but it seems that this did not make its way into release.

I couldn't find any documentation or issues on this (I'll launch one I suppose).

The fix should be easy; just replace all the "PRIMARY KEY NONCLUSTERED" occurrences with "PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED" (at least this seems to have fixed the issue. Running some more smoke tests to make sure).

Downloaded 9.0 with a date of Jun 4, 2013