Issues with search index in farm

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Hey all,

Anyone able to help me with this search issue I'm having when working in a web farm.

Couple servers get the error :

Could not find file '\prod-hw-app-01\d$\quicksales.content\forum\search-index_2cn.fnm'.

and others work fine.

I'm not sure about what the actual issue is as I am not experienced with lucene.
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
(this answers my previous question about multiple servers XD)

The content path (SiteConfiguration>General>ContentPath) should be set to something like ~/content/ (mind the final /). Then, on IIS, "content" virtual directory should be mapped to the same network location.

Another hint: the fnm file is generated temporarily before generating a cfs (more like a zip/tar archive). From what I can see, there is something wrong with the path:
It is: ...content\forum\search-index_2cn.fnm
And it should be : ...content\forum\search-index\_2cn.fnm
Sep 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM
The settings should be same across all servers but I'll double check.

The settings are specified as you mentioned via same virtual directory.

I'll double check tomorrow when i get into work.

It seems to work for a bit after i re-index then everything goes to hell after a while.

Maybe one server has virtual directory set slightly differently?
Sep 30, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Maybe perhaps I copied it incorrectly? However I'm getting this error now " Could not find file '\prod-hw-app-01\d$\quicksales.content\forum\search-index_337.cfs'."

Its always cannot find file...
Oct 1, 2013 at 3:18 AM
App pool reset fixed it.

Must be getting out of sync with the other servers?
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Let me know if the error comes back...
Oct 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Yea, came back and didn't fix with app pool reset.

I rebuilt index again :(

Same issue again this morning... I don't know whats wrong, argh.
Oct 5, 2013 at 6:53 AM
I've wrapped the submit topic/message calls in try catches for the search service part in the meantime while this is still a issue.

Cause topics/messages were getting submitted but ending in page crash due to search index broken, wrapped search service call in a try catch and logs using the loggerservice for temporary fix.