Ver 6.0 - Setup - Unable to Post a Thread

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I have downloaded and manually installed the new version 6.0. I have had some challenges in the setup. I am using MySQL database, which may or may not be configured and setup properly - I did run the script. I'm on a shared hosting, IIS platform. .NET 4.0 Integrated Pipeline. I added this line to the Site.Config file:  <dataAccess parameterPrefix="param_" />  and to the Web.Config file I uncommented the line: <add name="ForumsMembershipProvider" type="MySql.Web....."

My current status is:

1. When I try to post a thread (my first thread) I am getting a "404 - File or directory not found".  I am not checking any of the other boxes at the bottom of the thread posting.  Any ideas?

I am able to do the following:

1. Create a new user;  login;  view the Admin dashboard; add/delete forums;

Thanks,

Chris

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Hi Chris,

Sorry we didn't reply to you earlier...

I'm trying to reproduce the error with the details you gave us (great detail btw), could you tell me the url where the form is posting and you get the 404 error?

(It should be something like /sample-forum/create-thread )

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for your help. NearForums looks like a great product.

Here's the URL of the 404 error:   http://forum.enterprisesw.com/nearforums/test-forum/test-thread-0/

Other information.. in an effort of full disclosure of what I've done:

1. My hosting site is setup for ASP.NET 4.0 Integrated Pipeline

2. When I ran the mysql.nearforums-db.sql script on my account, it gave some errors so I ended up making some, what I thought, were minor changes. It seems that all the tables were created. So I don’t think this error above is related, but I’m still relatively new to MySQL and to .NET web-based programming.

I have attached the SQL script that I used to create the database. Just so you know. Specifically, to the mysql.nearforums-db.sql   script here are some changes I made;

1. First few lines

-- CSP: Commented out SET GLOBAL below because I didn't have SUPER privilege

-- SET GLOBAL log_bin_trust_function_creators = 1;

2. I added a bunch of "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS …"

3. Ended up removing “DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` from the CREATE commands.

Thanks again for your help,

Chris

PS: email me offline (test @ enterprisesw.com) if you want a copy of that script. I didn't see how to attach it.

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Hi Chris,

It looks like a problem with the MySQL script we provided you...

The problem in this case is in the procedure "SPTopicsInsert"

I will send you by email a modified version of the mysql db scripts.

Thanks again for the great details in your report. 

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I've sent you an email.