Tinymce text editor with Image Upload button

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Hi  all,

We are using Tinymce text editor in Nearforums developed site which is having insert image link which is currently taking Image url but we need to upload image by using Upload browse button .How can we do that Can anyone help me Please?

Regards,

Manju

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Hi Manju,

TinyMCE does not have this option by default. You can have it by installing a TinyMCE plugin, like this one: http://www.tinymce.com/enterprise/mcimagemanager.php (not free), but there others.

To integrate any TinyMce plugin in Nearforums, you must edit the view EditorScripts.cshtml located on the path \Views\Shared

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Hi Jorge,

mcimagemanager the plugin for Tiny mce text editor is not available for free.

If so To integrate any TinyMce plugin in Nearforums what needs to be change in EditorScripts.cshtml which is located in the paths views\shared.

Regards,

Manju

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Hi Jorge,

If we purchase the mcimagemanager plugin for mce text editor.

Is it possible to make it work for Nearforums application which is developed in asp.net mvc .

If So Can you guide us Please?

Regards,

Manju

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Hi,

There is no problem to integrate it, or at least I can not find one.

On Nearforums, the TinyMce scripts are invoked from the partial view EditorScripts.cshtml on views\shared folder, so by modifying the options sent to TinyMce in that file, you will modify it on all the site.

About how the TinyMce does the file browsing and uploading, I have no idea and can not give you support for that, but surely the TinyMCE team will give if you buy the product.

Kind regards,

Jorge

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Hi,

I have checked notify me through email while sending post in near forum developed forum we are using, but some body post a reply for this but we are not getting an Email.

Can you tell me how to fix these please?

Regards,

Manju

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Edited Mar 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Hi,

It is probably dependant on your smtp server configuration, check the mailSettings configuration on your web.config: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w355a94k.aspx

You can get more details on the error enabling the logger (check logging configuration on Config\Logging.config), create an empty logfile.txt file on the rootfolder of your website and assign FullControl access to IIS user account on txt file.

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hi ,

I have used following Configuration in web.config  for sending Email in all other Mvc applications we developed which is working in our server.

But not working for Near forums Can you help me Please?

<system.net> 

<mailSettings>

<smtp deliveryMethod="SpecifiedPickupDirectory">       

<specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Pickup"/>       

<network host="localhost" port="25"/>     

</smtp>   

</mailSettings> 

</system.net>

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM
manjukudlur wrote:

<system.net> 

<mailSettings>

<smtp deliveryMethod="SpecifiedPickupDirectory">       

<specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Pickup"/>       

<network host="localhost" port="25"/>     

</smtp>   

</mailSettings> 

</system.net>

Probably, If you use the use "SpecifiedPickupDirectory", the application user must have a write access on the folder.

If you have a working smtp server on localhost, you should use 

<smtp deliveryMethod="network"> ...

Kind Regards,

Jorge

Mar 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Hi,

We have access to this SpecifiedPickupDirectory folder and it is working for all applications we developed.

Really i got a confuse even we try to reply by checking a email in the sample site  of  yours also we are not receiving http://sample.nearforums.com/. and we reply for the msg we post by login with my other colleague login id for my post.

Regards,

Manju