This project is read-only.

Near forums Forum Post access GroupId can not change

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Hi, I am Editing forums with changing Access to post a new thread -> Member and Read Accesss is Every body then throwing exceptions why?

I think that should not happen...please let me know your view...
Mar 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Hi,
I can not reproduce the issue.
Could you add more details?
Are you running Nearforms v8.5?

Kind Regards,
Jorge
Mar 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Edited Mar 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Hi, For example opening this URL ParentUrl/admin/forums/edit?forum=forumname, if i want to change (Edit/Update forums)

Access to post a new thread - There is selection for UserGroup, on selecting and updating to Member it is not working...

No i am not uing v8.5

Regards
Mar 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Hi, For example opening this URL ParentUrl/admin/forums/edit?forum=forumname, if i want to change (Edit/Update forums)

Access to post a new thread - There is selection for UserGroup, on selecting and updating it is not working...

No i am not uing v8.5

Regards
Mar 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Hi, Please check the attached video.

Regards

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM, jorgebg <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,
I can not reproduce the issue.
Could you add more details?
Are you running Nearforms v8.5?

Kind Regards,
Jorge

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nearforums@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nearforums@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Hi, How can i send attached video?

it is an issue, even i am not changing the UserGroups in Update Forums...

Regards
Mar 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Hi,

1) I have to comment below code lines for stopping the validation

else if (attribute is PostGreaterThanReadRightsAttribute)
                    {
                        throwErrors = false;

//if (!((PostGreaterThanReadRightsAttribute)attribute).IsValid(value, this))
                        //{
                        //    errors.Add(new ValidationError(property.Name, ValidationErrorType.CompareNotMatch));
                        //}
                    }

2) SPForumsUpdate this sp is updating on Forumshortname and length is only 30, when the forumshortname length is more than 30 it will create issue

I have found my solution with commenting lines above and increasing length, if you please help me about above commented line then it is really help ful.

Regards